Sunday, October 4, 2009

WORD FOR THE DAY - EXIGUOUS

Greetings friends,  what's happening in your part of the world?   I guess I'll  never know, since no one is reading my boring blog.

It's been a wonderful day here in NC.  Right now, it's 65 degrees;  that's pretty cool (pardon the pun).

I  finally got to go out of town today  to pick up a few things. When I say I have to go "out of town," that means that I live in a small town and we don't have much in the way of shopping here.  Out of town is usually an  hour away but it doesn't seem that far.

The first place I went was Michael's.  Of course, I went there to buy some more beads.  As many beads as I have, I still don't have the kind I need to make beaded jewelry with a needle and thread; I do now.  I bought enough seed beads and focal beads to make quite a few rings, earrings and bracelets.  I don't know if I'll be able to sell these because I'd have to ask a lot more for them than I do my regular items because of the time involved in making them.  I'm going to make something for my granddaughter to wear to work and maybe the girls that she works with will want to buy some.

I had a good day.  I love to shop, but don't do as much "out of town" shopping as I used to because of the distance and my age.   A lot of things change as one grows older.  I do a lot of shopping on line now.
It's very convenient and the shipping usually will equal the amount of gas it takes to travel "out of town".

My granddaughter and her two children had dinner with my husband and me this evening.  My husband  cooked chicken on the grill and I fixed some veggies and bread to go with it.  It was nice to see them all again, although it's only been a few days since I saw them last.

It's time to retire.  My shopping trip has worn me out.  Two hours on the highway plus walking around stores looking for stuff can be very tiring.   I look forward to tomorrow; I have everything caught up so I can bead all day.  Hooray!

Have a good evening, all        Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment