Wednesday, October 7, 2009

QUOTE FOR THE DAY - Laughter is an instant vacation - Milton Berle

Hello everyone,  I haven't been able to blog for the past few days due to my busy, busy lifestyle; eating and sleeping really takes up a lot of time.

All kidding aside, I am always busy.  As one ages, it takes considerably longer to keep the house, pay the bills, pay our businesses bills, buy groceries, put the groceries up, wash the clothes, fold the clothes, put the clothes up, iron (yes, I still iron; I wear cotton clothes and don't dry them so they won't shrink), cook (?) three meals a day, put dishes in the dishwasher, take dishes out of the dishwasher, put the dishes up - well, you get the idea.  There's always something to do.  I'm one of those crazy women that actually like housework.  I like my house clean and uncluttered but I can't always keep it that way.  Now that I'm babysitting the great-grands, my home definitely is cluttered, but that's okay, they're worth it.

It has been a beautiful, cool day here in NC.  I haven't even been out of the house.  I wanted to go "out of town" but I waited too long and then I got tired.  I'm actually exhausted because I babysat yesterday and had to watch the children all by myself as my daughter had to take my grandson to the dentist "out of town".    After I watch the kids, I have to rest up the next day.  I lay down for a nap today and slept nearly two hours; I hope I can go to sleep tonight.  (I looked up "lay" or "laid" and the dictionary said to use "lay down".  This doesn't sound right to me but I guess the dictionary can't be wrong.)

I made a lovely little black ring the other night; it only took me thirty minutes to make it.  This is the quickest I've ever made a ring.  Of course, the ring was very simple.  I'm planning on making lots of them in different colors to sell at the shop where I have my jewelry.  I know they will go like hot cakes.

I just had supper.  I didn't have a frozen entree tonight because I was too tired to even put it in the oven so I had a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios with rice milk, and a slice of high-fiber whole wheat bread with Promise and a tablespoon of "real"  fig preserves.  These are the absolute best fig preserves I've ever eaten, other than my mamas.  I don't know how many carbohydrates are in each tablespoon, and I don't care; I ate them anyway.  This is my second jar and I hope the person that made them doesn't give me anymore because I really don't need the calories.  The best part of the preserves, other than the fig, is the preserved lemon rind in them.  I'd like to have a jar of just preserved lemon rind, but I don't suppose they'd taste the same without the fig.  I found a recipe on line for preserved lemons and I'm going to make them - one day.

It's getting dark earlier now.  Soon, it will be dark at 5:00 PM.  Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner - again.  It seems that all we ever have anymore is Christmas and summer. Time goes by so fast it's scary.  Another birthday is coming up and then next year the big 70 will be here.  I think I'll have a BIG party to celebrate the fact that I don't think, act, sound or look my age.  I wonder what I'll be like at eighty; I don't want to think about it.

Well, it's time to do a little beading as I haven't had time to do any all day.  I'll get started on those tiny little rings that are so easy to make.  Have a wonderful evening and be blessed.  Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment