Friday, October 2, 2009

WORD FOR THE DAY - EXCURSIVE

 Greetings All  -    If you're wondering if I know all of the words I'm asking you to look up, the answer is an emphatic NO.  I'm learning some of them also.

I've had another busy day on the computer.  My sister, who lives in Virginia Beach, just contacted me via facebook and we've been talking back and forth.  I really resisted facebook but when I finally decided to be a participant, I found  I really enjoyed it.  It's nice to read others thoughts and impressions concerning different aspects of their lives.  I also enjoy looking at their photo albums.

It's been another lovely day here in NC; cool in the morning and warming up in the afternoon.  I think it's getting ready to rain; good, my newly-planted red tips need some water.

I went outside yesterday and spruced up my front porch.  My porch is covered and only one side of it is exposed to the elements.  Sometimes, when it rains or the temperature changes, condensation forms and the tile floor gets very wet.  I put down a piece of outdoor carpet (gray, not green) the length of the porch.  This will give all who come to my door a secure footing and will  hopefully prevent falls.  I also put some fall-looking stems in the large urn that I have sitting by my front door.  It also has lilly pods, bamboo reeds, pussy willow and eucalyptus.  It looks pretty nice and it makes me happy to look at it.

I need to make a fall wreath for the wall of the porch, but just can't seem to find the energy, or desire, to do so.  I've got six very large plastic containers, across the street in the barn, full of silk flowers, etc.  I used to make flower arrangements but haven't done so in quite a while.  I enjoy it, but there are lots of other things I also enjoy.  (I enjoy too many things!)

I was surprised last night when my granddaughter and two great-grandchildren came to spend the night with me.  My granddaughter said that she had jumping-crickets all over the house.  Her husband was working that night; he's a fireman.   We all had lots of fun.  My great-grandson started showing me his "moves".  He's another Jim Carrey in that he loves to show off and act "crazy".  He started dancing and jumping around and looked like a contortionist the way he was moving his body.  I started laughing and couldn't stop. ( Why is it that we laugh so much more at something a member of our family does or says, than anyone else?   I guess it's because they are ours.)  Anyway, he made my night.  They say laughter is good for the soul and is like medicine; well, I got a large dose last night.

I've been considering ordering more components for my jewelry designs.  I've got at least 65 boxes of beads and I keep ordering more beads. What's wrong with me?  I try not to order anything else, but my fingers just love to type on this keyboard and I can't stop them.   My favorite new site is Amazon.com.  I have found lots of great things on this site.  I can't believe they have "everything".  I even ordered some organic grains for my diet.  I like to order books from them because I can order used ones at a much lower price, which I've done and they have been very satisfactory.

Well, readers (?), it's time to stop typing.  My neck hurts and so do my fingers.  Hasta la vista - Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment