Sunday, July 15, 2012

Spring's Just Around The Corner

Greetings All:  It's been a while since I"ve posted but am ready to get back into the groove of things.

There's been a lot going on here in the Mid-Atlantic region.  Of course, hurricane Irene slammed into us in August; that was really a trip.  We didn't receive any damage, other than a tree in the swimming pool, limbs and pine cones everywhere, but other neighbors certainly did.  The clean up took a while and some folks are still dealing with insurance companies that try to weasel out of their responsibilities.   There's just no accounting for the greed and dishonesty in this country.

Now, it's time to start thinking of approaching spring and all it entails.  I love spring; new grass coming up, trees budding out, hyacinths, forsythia, dogwood, azalea, daffodills, all blooming, and presenting our eyes with their wonderful beauty and fragrance.

Of course, we've had some spring-like days all through the fall and into the winter season here in the Mid-Atlantic region; we always do.  There's always a few days in February when one can don ones' bathing suit and sun bathe.  I don't do that anymore, I quit sunbathing at thirty-five years of age.  I'm so glad I did, too, because peopel are alway telling me what pretty skin I have, and I'm seventy-one years old.  Of course, they can't see the skin that's either sagging, bagging or dragging.  I guess that part of ageing is inevitable.  That doesn't make it any easier to deal with, though.  I really think that growing older is one of the hardest things that I've had to deal with in my lifetime.  I have always been a vain person, caring what I look like and what I wear, and I always will be; it's just my nature.

Be blessed, Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment